Carlin de Paolo Barbera d’Asti Superiore

DESCRIPTION

Produced in Piedmont, Monferrato, Alfieri Hills, Asti, San Damiano d’Asti, Carlin de Paolo’s Barbera is cultivated in a typical Mediterranean climate characterized by harsh winters and hot, humid summers. From limey, clayey, sandy, and calcareous soil at an altitude of 180 – 340m above sea level, grapes are trained on vines that are 40 – 50 years old. They are trained on the traditional Piedmontese guyot system with a vine density ranging from 4,000 – 4,500 vine stocks per hectare, yielding 60 quintals per hectare. After harvest, vinification takes place in steel tanks at controlled temperatures. During the maturing process, the wine is aged for at least 12 months in French oak barrels for 80% of the wine, and in baroques for the remaining 20%.The wine is further aged in bottles for 6 months before release.

TASTE

Barbera d’Asti Superiore is intense ruby red with garnet nuances. Its bouquet is excising, ethereal and vinous with sensations of dried fruit and jam with soft balsamic notes. On the palate it is rich, soft, and velvety with a hint of wood. This Barbera Superiore is best paired with roasted and braised meat, game, and seasoned cheese.

Country of production: Italy
Exposition of the vineyard: South
Alcohol: 14% Vol
Barbera

PRESS

Ramblings of a Tattooed Mom-Give the Gift of Wine This Holiday Season with Curious Cork Imports

Sipped in California- Sunday Dinner With Carlin de Paolo